Last week, a friend of mine hosted a girls' wine night and everyone brought a dip to share with the group. I found this Pillsbury recipe and LOVE soft pretzels...sounded easy enough, so I gave it a try. It was DELICIOUS!! We loved it so much, that I made it again last night for the super bowl. Needless to say...it's GONE!
|Mine isn't as pretty as Pillsbury's picture, but YUMMY!|
- 1 can (13.8) refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse salt, as desired
- pre-made jar of queso (I bought the Target brand)
- *or* you could make the velveeta/rotel cheese dip, which would be equally as tasty!
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cooking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough; reroll into long rope, stretching carefully to about 55 inches long.
- To make pretzel shape, form dough into U shape. Twist ends together twice. Press down dough where dough overlaps in an X. Pick ends up and fold over so they rest over bottom on U shape, pressing ends to stick. Place pretzel on prepared cookie sheet.
- In small microwavable bowl, heat 1/2 cup water uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until hot. Add baking soda; stir until dissolved. Brush pretzel with soda mixture. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. (I'm not 100% sure what the baking soda does...but I *think* it helps the dough rise...don't quote me on that) :)
- Brush pretzel with beaten egg; sprinkle with salt. Transfer to cookie sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- Open jar of queso. Heat if desired, but room temperature was pretty tasty!
- Dip your pretzel in the queso til your heart's content!
Makes 6 servings
Try it and let me know what you think!