About Me

My photo
Welcome to Biddle Bits! My name is Sarah & I believe that *anyone* can create amazing things, if you just work on them one step at a time.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Glitter heart ornaments for Valentine's Day

 
 
While doing some post-Christmas shopping at Michaels, I ran across a bunch of these heart-shaped glass ornaments. They're technically Christmas, so were 80% off (!). I don't know about where you live, but every store in the Raleigh/Cary area were sold out of the round clear glass ornaments in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Apparently, there are a lot of Pinterest readers/contributors in the area :)
 

I followed the same instructions from my "Glitter on the Inside Ornament" tutorial from November of last year: http://biddlebits.blogspot.com/2012_11_01_archive.html

The only exception: I used pink glitter and white glitter (I don't recommend the white glitter...it didn't stick as well and looks more like snow inside the ornament than white glitter/glimmer).

Then, I cut a small branch from a backyard tree, trimmed the smaller branches and tossed them into a glass vase I had on-hand. Tie a festive (PINK!) bow around the neck of the vase and hang your adorable Valentine's ornaments on the branches!

 
VOILA! Adorable, easy and inexpensive decor for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment