About Me

My photo
Welcome to Biddle Bits! My name is Sarah & I believe that *anyone* can create amazing things, if you just work on them one step at a time.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter


Part science project, part kitchen yumminess...

Homemade peanut butter!! (minus all those partially hydrogenated oils)


What you need:
  1. peanuts, cashews, almonds...choose your favorite nut :)
  2. A food processor
That's it!!


Step #1: Grab a couple handfuls of your favorite kind of peanuts (or cashews, or almonds), and throw into a food processor. I used Trader Joe's reduced salt, roasted peanuts.

Step #2: In the food processor, blend, blend, blend...keeping blending. The peanuts will go from a solid peanut, to chopped peanuts, to gritty peanuts...and not too much later, they will turn into a creamy peanut butter. Don't add anything else...just peanuts!! (scrape the sides of the bowl as you go, if needed) I read somewhere that as the peanuts are ground up, it releases the natural nut-oil, so you don't have to add any other oils or butter.

This is REALLY all you need!
The finished project...

It was really good! Very creamy...
Note: It's not as sweet as most of the peanut butter you buy in a typical grocery store, but I really liked it - and I love that it's a natural option for my PB&J sandwiches.


Step #3: Be sure to keep it refrigerated in a closed container.

Let me know what you think! What else do you make from scratch??


No comments:

Post a Comment