Sometimes I just feel the need to bake...know what I mean? There's something about it that's so comforting. A family favorite are these easy lemon cookies that my Mom first made a couple of years ago. I made 2 batches of them for a surprise party for Mike's Grandma, and they were gone in MINUTES.
Last night, I was in the mood to bake, so I brought out the lemon cookie ingredients (I have them on-hand in case of emergency - ha!) and started the delicious recipe. Once they were done and cooled off, I decided immediately that they had to get OUT of our house! They're just too good, and I can't be trusted when cookies are involved. (When they were done, I taste-tested
one two three of them, (quality-control, right?!) then wrapped 'em up and put them in my car overnight to be taken to work. I should stress again...I can't be trusted)
- Box of lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or canola...whatever you have on hand)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- PAM spray
- Step #1: Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs together. (by hand, or with a mixer)
- Step #2: Add chocolate chips
- Step #3: Spray 8x8 pan, sprayed with PAM and pour in cookie dough mixture. Smush into the pan with a spatula.
- Step #4: Bake at 350-degrees for about 18-19 minutes...or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean. Once it's cooled, the middle may "sink in" a little. That's ok!
- Step #5: Cut into pieces and serve! YUM!
*To make cookies, instead of bars, take a small scoop/tablespoon and form dough balls on a prepared cookie sheet or parchment paper/silpat liner. Bake at 350-degrees for 7-10 minutes, or until the tops brown a smidge. The smaller the cookie, the shorter the baking time. Let cool on a cooling rack.
Time yourself to see how long you can wait before you dig in!! How long could you wait?
I'd love to know...what's your favorite cookie or bar?